25 March 2011

Second Life Bike Tour - Reloaded! VII

When departing from Honeoye I had - like always - no idea what the upcoming stage of my journey will bring: Hitting banlines, losing the road, finding a friend and doing so many miles that I had even difficulties to get my route drawn on the map!
 

But first my bike was due to get some gasoline:



Honeoye - what a gas!




Hibdon - Another Airport - the number 36 must have some aviation-related meaning...




Athabasca - I like that sign!




Indeed quite majestic...




Of course a biker movie - do you recognize it?




Bikes, bikes and... EVEN MORE BIKES!




Noooo, there is absolutely no truth in the rumors about sexism in biker scene...




Ontario - on the highway again. A nicely open road!




Huron - /me shakes her head at the LL-construction department. Seems its time to go offroad again.


A look on the map told me there is a road some sims away in the north. Actually a pretty rideable passage until I ran into a Banline. But it took not long I ran into a newbie too who I had a pretty pleasant chat with. And I found a rezz zone too!



Keswick - showing a new resident the bike-side of Second Life.


And then we even found the road! Dimpledbaby and Some doing Easy Rider!
 

Netherbeck - having an after-biking chat discussing how elegantly we crashed in a sim-crossing.




After a TV-nap (its not good for much more) I continued my journey. It feels good to help a newbie getting a smooth and funny start in Second Life btw. It can be pretty overwhelming in the first days. I remember well from my early days that every advice was very appreciated.


Grizedale - interesting transportation concept.




Hardknott - obviously a wood-elf settlement. Now where to wash off all that sticky resin??




Today's progress - the dotted line marks the stage where I either had to use the fly option of my bike or tried to find my way through rough terrain (and got stuck on banlines).

No comments:

Post a Comment