15 May 2013

A Living, Breathing Steampunk Metropolis - New Babbage Part 4 - Port Babbage

After having recovered from my bizarre diving accident in the Vernian Sea, I went on with the discovery of Port Babbage, the city's spacious harbor located at its eastern coast.
Oh, and I wasn't alone at my explorations. My faithful - luggage case - did accompany on my wanderings through this peculiar and charming place.



Me and my luggage case starting our journey at the pier of Port Babbage.


What a lovely sunny day!


The Skyline of Port Babbage!



Firstly I decided to stroll around in the back-streets. You often find interesting spots there which usually would get overlooked. In this case it was a cemetery though (and I always thought dead steampunks get recycled by mad scientists!).



Enjoying a bright sunny day in New Babbage...


...ooh! did the lid just open? Well, its obviously a Sunsonite case!



Hmmm, "Boat and boiler repairs" I wonder if they refit my luggage case into a small steamboat...

They didn't - what a pity! However just a few steps later I became the witness of the high degree of interactivity an ordinary Sunsonite-case is capable of:


Cute! It grabs freebies!



"Weird Tales" - I think H. P. Lovecraft did publish there too.



Thats what I love on this city. You just step out of a building or a narrow street and you get such lovely sights - just so :-)


Self-portrait of your favorite blogging Drow!



Port Babbage Skyline - Part 2


And so does that scene looks from the ground.


An interesting looking structure at one of the piers did caught my attention.




Curious looking Drow with a curious looking case. This looks almost like...



...an elevator!



It leads to the bottom of the sea.



The glass tunnels lead to the underwater station in the Vernian Sea.



W is for "Welcome"!



I figured that this funny blinking machine is a teleporter device. Too bad that I was already where I wanted to be. So I didn't use it.


Back on the surface I continued with exploring the shops. Unsurprisingly commerce takes a big part in the harbour district. Luckily the strict building conduct saves the city from eyesores - very nice!



A prefab store is selling this pub furnishing. It looks really fine - however sitting on it...



...showed some room for improvement!



Another store had something I haven't seen in sl before: A Paternoster!



Yes, most stores really look fine here.



And have funny freebies! Souvenirs from Mars and cheese guns - true must-haves!



This seems to be a kiosk for prospective citizens of New Babbage. Lots of information about the city there.


Wandering along the quay wall turned out to be quite entertaining:



Want learn building? Get your ass up and take classes :p



*gets  suddenly  some funny ideas about applications of wax*



No comment ;-)



One last look at Port Babbage - the next episode will feature its eastern neighbor Clockhaven!

I can't say it often enough: New Babbage is really worth the journey. I guess the sheer amount of pictures I took betrays that ;-) Its obviously that a lot, lot energy and creativity was put in this city. Well done!


Taxi to Port Babbage

No comments:

Post a Comment